Monday, August 23, 2010

A lesson in being prepared.

In reference to the title... I was not.  This past Saturday was my first attempt at shooting live shows at the Mellow Mushroom in Tuscaloosa, AL.  PROBLEM!  I had forgotten some crucial equipment.  Instead of throwing in the towel, or cheating and using some type of on camera flash - I decided work the old-fashion way... available light!  the bad thing... the "available light" was big can lights... They look great in person but when they are the only source of light, they are a photographers worst nightmare.  Alas, I gave it the old college try.  Came up with a few shots I'm happy with.  The band is Hackberry Record's  Sparrow and the Ghost at Tuscaloosa's Mellow Mushroom.  Enjoy.






- Flip

1 comment:

  1. Cool shots! I like the wide shots of them dancing best.

    ReplyDelete